UPDATED APRIL 2, 2017
Click the link below to print out the registration form:
RESERVE THE HOTEL TODAY!
2 Forbes Road
Woburn, MA 01801
Hosted by Kathy Lyons and family, daughter of James W. Lyons, EM1/c E-Div.
The hotel is blocking 40 rooms at $149.00 per night including breakfast on Friday and Saturday.
Please make your reservations as soon as possible so we can ask for more rooms if necessary. The reservation numbers are 781-932-0999 or toll free 800-445-8667.
The hotel is located 10 miles away from downtown Boston. Visit the website at bostonwoburn.hilton.com
The emailed version of the USS Franklin CV-13 Museum Association Newsletter has been sent out to all subscribers. In case you missed it, please click here: http://eepurl.com/cllzUL
We will be sending out the hard copies this week to those that have requested them.
See you in Boston!
The 2016 Gettysburg reunion is in full swing! The local Fox affiliate put together a nice piece at the link below.
USS Franklin Reunion 2016 – Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
June 23-24-25-26, 2016
Joyce Conklin – 724-825-3541 email@example.com
Sheila Hartley – 304-662-6865 firstname.lastname@example.org
1863 Inn of Gettysburg, 516 Baltimore St. Gettysburg, PA 17325 (717) 334-6211 – www.1863innofgettysburg.com Rooms will be held up to 45 days prior to the reunion and then they will open up to the public. The rooms WILL fill up and be released, so please make your room reservations asap! Double occupancy rooms $125 on Thursday $145 on Friday and Saturday. PARKING AND BREAKFAST INCLUDED!
Thursday, June 23 – check in and explore downtown Gettysburg
Friday, June 24
3 hour bus battlefield tour with a Licensed Battlefield Guide
Tour Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center Civil War Museum, Film – “A New Birth of Freedom” and the Gettysburg Cyclorama
Box lunch provided
Optional evening “Ghost Tour”
Saturday, June 25
Eisenhower National Historic Site Home and Farm Tour
Gettysburg Hall of Presidents and First Ladies Tour
Gettysburg National Cemetery – self guided tour
Sunday, June 26 – Farewell Breakfast
$155 for Adults/$140 for children under 16 and under
Please download the registration form, print it out and send your registration to Joyce Conklin. Instructions are included on the registration form. The PDF Registration form is available at the link below:
2016 USS Franklin Reunion Registration
Hello friends of the USS Franklin!
For those of you who have subscribed, thank you for subscribing to the electronic subscription to the USS Franklin Museum Association Newsletter! If you have not yet subscribed, please click on the link at the top of the screen labeled Email Newsletter Signup.
This is an example of the email newsletter:
The last regular paper version of the newsletter will be mailing out next week. This will be the last paper newsletter sent to the current mailing list via US Post Office. If you know somebody that wished to continue to receive the paper newsletter via US Mail, the newsletter contains directions how to do so.
Thank you for your help in making this transition!
The pdf download for the paper newsletter is available at the link below:
USS Franklin Newsletter Fall 2015
Save the Date – June 23-24-25, 2016
USS Franklin Reunion – Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: 50 miles – Harrisburg International Airport (airport code: MDT)
- Baltimore, Maryland: 60 miles – Baltimore International Airport (airport code: BWI)
- Washington, DC: 87 miles – Ronald Regan International Airport (airport code:DCA) and 80 miles – Washington Dulles International Airport (airport code: IAD)
- (Amtrak goes to Harrisburg, then there’s a bus to Gettysburg, but the train does not go to Gettysburg.)
Hotel Accomodations: – 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, right in the heart of downtown Gettysburg!
- 516 Baltimore St. Gettysburg, PA 17325 | (717) 334-6211 – rooms will be held up to 45 days prior to the reunion and then they will open up to the public and the rooms WILL fill up, so make your room reservations asap! $125 – Thursday $145 – Friday and Saturday double bed rooms PARKING AND BREAKFAST INCLUDED!
Thursday, June 23 – check in and explore downtown Gettysburg
Friday, June 24
- 3 hour bus battlefield tour with a Licensed Battlefield Guide
- Visit Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center Civil War Museum, Film – “A New Birth of Freedom” and the Gettysburg Cyclorama
- Box lunch provided
- Optional evening “Ghost Tour”
Saturday, June 25
- Eisenhower National Historic Site with National Park Service Ranger
- Hall of Presidents and First Ladies – self guided tour
- Gettysburg National Cemetery – self guided tour
- Evening banquet with some special guests!
Want to brush up on Gettysburg?
- Ask your local librarian for any book recommendations about Gettysburg
- Google “Battle of Gettysburg”
- Watch anything on the History Channel about The American Civil War, The Battle of Gettysburg, or Abraham Lincoln
- Watch “Gettysburg” (1993 starring Martin Sheen, Jeff Daniels and Tom Berenger), adapted from the book “Killer Angels” by Michael Shaara
- Watch Gettysburg – Final Measure of Devotion, written and directed by ROBERT CHILD, available on Amazon Instant Video and Amazon DVD (Documentary told through 150th Anniversary Reenactments)
- To find your state’s monuments at Gettysburg: com and click on “Gettysburg.” There are over 1,200 monuments to explore, as well as headquarters, farms, and virtual tours.
- http://www.nps.gov/gett/planyourvisit/visitorcenters.htm – this is the National Park Service Visitor’s Center Website
- http://www.nps.gov/eise/index.htm – this is the website for the Dwight D. Eisenhower Home and Farm which we will be visiting
- http://www.gettysburgbattlefieldtours.com/gettysburg-tours/museum-hall-of-presidents-first-ladies/ – Hall of Presidents and First Ladies
- http://www.gettysburgbattlefieldtours.com/gettysburg-tours/gettysburg-tours/licensed-guided-bus-tour/ – bus tour information
- Gettysburg Group Reservations is on Facebook. You will see some groups that are touring the same places we will be touring!
USS Franklin CV-13 Reunion in Milwaukee Wisconsin July 16-19, 2015.
Surviving Crew and Family members of the storied WW2 Navy Aircraft Carrier USS Franklin CV-13 (www.ussfranklin.org) will be converging on the Milwaukee Sheraton Brookfield Hotel, 375 S Moorland Road in Brookfield Wisconsin for a weekend of fun, fellowship, and memorial.
Registration will be Thursday July 16th from noon until 10PM in the Wisconsin room. For USS Franklin Museum Association Board members, the annual meeting will be held at 4PM Thursday.
At 10AM Friday July 17th, the press and public is invited to join the USS Franklin Reunion for a public memorial at the Milwaukee County War Memorial Center 750 N. Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202 (414) 273-5533. The guest speaker for the memorial ceremony will be Capt. (Ret.) Gary Schnurrpusch USN CO. USS O’Callahan and USS Gary and USS Franklin Honorary Survivor.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Darren Hamm at 262-305-6979 or email at email@example.com.
Hello Franklin Friends!
The Spring / Summer 2015 USS Franklin Museum Association Newsletter has been sent to the paper printer and should reach everybody in a week or so. I am also publishing the documents online for your immediate consumption! Please click on the links below for the newsletter and registration documents.
Franklin Newsletter Spring 2015
USS Franklin Reunion 2015 Registration
Please forward a link to this webpage to your friends and family so they can access the documents as well.
The Fall 2015 newsletter will be the last paper newsletter distributed via the postal service in favor of email distribution like this. We realize many of our readers are not on the web. If you would like to continue to get a paper newsletter, please contact Louise Mast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join our email list if you would would like to be notified when the newsletter and other important updates are posted to www.ussfranklin.org. You can join the Franklin email list at the link here http://www.ussfranklin.org/?page_id=809.
USS Franklin Museum Association board member
The pins have arrived!
In the Franklin Newsletter Fall 2014 we announced that the 2015 Franklin Reunion will be in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, July 16-19. I see that some of you have already made reservations at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel (262) 364-1100 Make sure you mention the “USS Franklin Room Block” to get the special $109.00/ night room rate. You can also reserve a room by following the link: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/ussfranklin
Weekend activities include exploring the Milwaukee lake shore.
We will be mailing out the registration form in the spring newsletter. We will also be posting it to this site so check back often.
We are looking forward to seeing you all in July!
For those of you that did not receive the paper copy, the Fall 2014 USS Franklin Museum Association newsletter was delivered a few weeks back. I am posting the electronic version at the link here: Franklin Newsletter Fall 2014. We did announce that the 2015 reunion will be held in Milwaukee Wisconsin the weekend of July 17,18, and 19th 2015. I will post more information as it becomes available.